Saturday, October 29, 2005

Saturday, 29 October 2005

Hello Everyone!

I had a very full day yesterday. I was working at the church office until after 3PM yesterday! I usually only work until 12:30PM.  I was trying desperately to get the newsletter out. I like to have it out about a week before the first or at least several days but I still don’t have everything working smoothly since my computer crashed two weeks ago. And now the pastor wants to change the format. He had a lady in our church design a newsletter format with color pics. It’s on 11x17 but will fold to 8 ½ x 11 and then fold in half again for mailing. All I will input is the monthly stuff that changes. I’m not sure how all this is going to work. I figure I will have to design 4 different pages around the pre-made design and then cut and past or we will have to find a printer that can print 11 x 17. I don’t know. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see. I’ve had so much catching up to do getting all the date re-entered into my computer so that has taken a lot of my time.

After leaving the office and dropping the newsletters in the mail, I stopped by the fire station to see Doyle. The post office and fire station are a block apart. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit that I needed to apologize to him for my response to his idea. I told him it just took me off guard and all these questions were running through my head (the ones I expressed in my post). I told him that I realized he was only trying his best to provide for me what I desired. He said he knows that he can’t give me that on what he’s making right now or by working for anyone else. I told him I would give it another chance and would read the info when I had a little clearer head. He has definitely been doing his research and it certainly has potential to give us the money we need. I just need to pray and trust God He will look after me. Doyle looks after really good but he is still human and makes mistakes (like us all). I know I can trust God for my destiny and future.

I cropped last night (scrap booking). My Creative Memories consultant had a crop 6PM until midnight. She holds the crops in her home and she lives about 15 miles from me. Vanessa went with me. We really had a good time. I got 6 pages completed. It just took me like almost 3 hours to do the first two! It always takes me a while to get going but once the “creative juices” start flowing it’s hard to shut down and come home! I still need to do some journaling on the last two pages I did. I was gone nearly all day except for coming home around 2:30PM to let the dogs out since it had been since 8:45AM. Then let them out before we went to the crop. When Vanessa and I got home they were both bouncing off the walls! Spent about 30 to 45 minutes playing with them to work off all that pent up energy.

Vanessa was pretty tired. She had just come home after spending a couple of days in Dallas at market. Already buying stuff for summer! She is learning so much and enjoying her opportunity to be a store manager at age 20! The store she works for advertises on a radio station called “The Ranch”. They gave away four VIP tickets to the store to a concert at Fort Worth’s Sundance Square to hear Jack Ingram, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Deryl Dodd and Bonnie Bishop. Vanessa’s boss is out of town so she, Keannon and a couple of friends are going. She is really excited.

Well that’s enough. My I’m getting awfully “wordy” these days for someone who thought they didn’t have anything to say! LOL

Here’s a little excerpt from “God Chasers” by Tommy Tenney

God doesn’t really care about anything you can “do” for Him; He only cares about your answer to one question: “Do you want Me?”

How long has it been since you came to church and said, “We are going to wait on the Lord”? I think we are afraid to wait on Him because we’re afraid He won’t show up. I have a promise for you: “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:31a). Do you want to now why we’ve lived in weakness as Christians and have not had all that God wanted for us? Do you want to know why we have lived beneath our privilege and have not had the strength to overcome our own carnality? Maybe it’s because we haven’t waited on Him to show up to empower us and we’re trying to do too much in the power of our own soulish realm. There is so much more. You can “catch God – ask Jacob (Genesis 32:22-32) –and it might ruin the way you’ve always walked! But you can catch Him.

Ya’ll have a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment