Saturday, November 19, 2005

Saturday, 19 November 2005

I had a great day yesterday. I once again got to do my two favorite things. Ride my horse and scrapbook! I didn’t get to the horses as soon as I wanted. As usual I was late leaving the office. Vanessa asked me to go to the back for her as she was at the store alone and couldn’t go. I also needed to go by the bank myself. Finally I get to the horses. They are at the back of the 36 acres. So I get a bucket of feed and go after them. Now my bunch that’s all it takes to get them to follow me and they all did. Not Zebe, Leslie’s horse. He decides to ignore me. I get the horses penned, grab a halter and go back to get Zebe. Leslie has made progress with him over the last three weeks. She kept him in a round pen to help get the weight off him and make it easier to catch him to ride. She was preparing him for the stock show she showed him in last weekend. Typically when I go to the horses in the pasture he would always run from me. Not this time. He actually came to me! Well I had to walk most of the way but the last 10 feet he walked to me. That is great progress! I finally get him to the pens and get my horse so I can tack up (put his saddle on). Leslie and I get our horses ready then it’s time to load up. 

I’ve had my horse for 10 years and for 10 years I have loaded and unloaded my horse in this trailer countless times. Well today he decides to act like he doesn’t know what a trailer is and he sure doesn’t want to get in it! OMG! I couldn’t believe it! It took me 15 minutes but I finally WON!! I don’t know what his deal was. Zebe who hasn’t been trailered all that much step right up in the trailer like it was “old hat”! Go figure!! 

I decided to take Leslie to the State Park we have in Mineral Wells.  She has never been. It has a really nice 8 mile loop equestrian trail. I haven’t been in over a year. When I was conditioning my horse for long distance riding I went out there 2 or three times a week. I knew that place like the back of my hand! Well, the Park personnel have been working on maintaining the trails and had changed things some since I was there. It was still a great ride though. I debated on whether or not to buy a disposable camera or just use one of my 35MM. I decided to take one of my 35’s and carry it in a fanny pack for better protection. So it was a choice between my old manually operated 35 or my automatic. I figured my automatic on horse back would be easier. When we get to the park I grab my camera and go to put film in it when I realized it already had film in it and the battery was dead! UGH! So we ride without pics. Too bad because there lots of great pictures to take. We saw lots of deer. One deer spooked my horse and nearly threw me off. I managed to stay on but at the cost of my falling forward and Blue throwing back his head hitting me on the check bone. OUCH!! I’ve decided his head is harder than mine! I have a bruise to prove it. I thought I would have a black eye but I don’t as of yet. May later though! 

We get through right about dark. I take Leslie and the horses back home and drop off the trailer and head back to town. I stop off at the house long enough to let the dogs out and grab my scrapbook supplies and head to the scrapbook store. I was a little late but not much.  I had a great ride but I was tired. I had a hard time switching gears to get started scrapbooking. I finally was able to get about 4 pages done. And just about the time I was getting warmed up it was time to quit! 

I stayed and help Cat clean up and take out the trash. I get home about 12:30AM. I go back to the bedroom and turn on the light to discover my husband in bed! I was surprised because he had gone to work that morning at the fire station and shouldn’t have been home until 7AM this morning! I presumed he came home sick but he was asleep so didn’t disturb. 

This morning I had to go back to the horses to meet the farrier. I left at 8:30AM. It takes about 15 minutes to get to them. The farrier wasn’t supposed to be there until 9am. When I get there he’s already there. Bless Leslie’s heart, she got the horses up for me! She is such a doll! I stayed a little while but needed to come home so made out the check and left. I had a baby shower at the church at 2pm and have to work at Drive Safe tonight. Full day. Gee I was hoping to kick back and relax a little. Maybe next week after Thanksgiving Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment