Monday, November 7, 2005

Monday, 07 November 2005

Our internet problem was the modem. We got it changed out so we are up and running again. I was amazed how “hooked” I am on it! I thought being without it for a day and a half was “forever”!

I talked to Dad today. He sounded really good. He’s glad to be home. Right now his “bathroom trips” or as he likes to call it “his porcelain visits” are rather frequent right now but I think that will change as he is able to eat more and exercise more. He still says with the frequency it’s still better than “the bag”.

I got my little over 5 mile bike ride in today. I want to try to up my exercise by riding my bike and walking. But that does consume a lot of time. It’s hard for me to carve out 2hours for that but then I guess we do what is most important to us. Guess I need to make it a priority. I still struggle with having enough hours in the day to accomplish all I want too. Guess I have too many things I want to do.

Vanessa and I are going shopping tomorrow for outfits to wear to the MJBI Banquet. You may remember me talking about it a few posts back. It is this Thursday and I’m quickly running out of time! I did try on the outfit I wore last year and could wear it again though it fits more snuggly than it did. I just hate dressing up!!! My idea of dress up is a nice pair of colored Rockie Mountain Jeans, with a nice crisply starched western shirt and of course boots! What am I going to do when my daughter gets married?!!! (Which hopefully won’t be very soon) I’ll have to dress up for that too! Guess I can sacrifice for her! Maybe I can talk her into a western themed wedding (NOT!!) She is set on the traditional wedding….I guess I better be saving some money!

I lead worship this Wednesday and I don’t have a clue what God wants to do. It would be nice if I could just get away for a few hours to be still before Him. Once again my life is full of other things! Things, things and more things! UGH!! I so want to WANT HIM more than things or stuff! At times I think I do….but how quickly my eyes get diverted.

Excerpt from Daily Meditation & Personal Journal companion to “God Chasers” by Tommy Tenney.

Retire from the world each day to some private spot, even if it be only the bedroom. Stay in the secret place till the surrounding noises begin to fade out of your heart and a sense of God’s presence envelopes you. Deliberately tune out the unpleasant sounds and come out of your closet determined not to hear them. Listen for the inward Voice till you learn to recognize it. (A.W. Tozer, Worship and Entertainment)

(My comments)

The words of a worship chorus so speak what I feel right now and want to happen.

Jesus draw me close

Closer Lord to You

Let the World around me fade away

Jesus draw me close

Closer Lord to You

For I desire to worship and obey.

Oh, Father. There are times like now that it feels as though the world is running my life. Instead of “me in the world”, it’s the “world in me.” I’ve missed You Daddy. I want to be with You. I love You. I want to hear Your voice.

“Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.” Hebrews 4:7b


P.S. Everyone needs to exercise their freedom to vote by voting tomorrow. In our state we are voting on “defining marriage as a union only between one man and one woman” That’s not the only issue but the biggest! May God have His way in our great state!

No comments:

Post a Comment