Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Wednesday, 09 November 2005

 Thanks for everyone’s prayers. God came through for me as always. I didn’t feel like it was all that good but I did have one person tell me the worship was good. I know it’s not about “how good” I do. I just want to get to the point that it’s not such a struggle or “big deal” every time I lead. I don’t like that part. I always stress. I know I’m not supposed too but I can’t seem to relax and just “be”.

I stayed up too late last night trying to get the ironing done. I just hate ironing.  I should stay on top of it but I always put it off until it takes me two or three hours to do! Cotton might be nice to wear but it’s a pain in the butt to make look nice!!

So needless to say I was tired today. I came home and tried to read my Bible as I overslept this morning and didn’t get it done. I almost fell asleep reading so I finally put it down and kicked back for about an hour. That seemed to help. I then spent some time going through our song book trying to decided what songs to do this evening. God’s plan or my plan, at least I had a plan!

Walked for 2.5 miles. The front had moved through so the wind was out of the north and cooled off our mid 80’s temps. Winter isn’t far away as I heard, then saw a flock of geese flying south. They were beautiful even though I couldn’t see them real good. I guess it was late enough in the day they were looking for someplace to spend the night as they were a bit disorganized. Not their usual “V” formation.

So much for my exciting life…

Excerpt from “The Pursuit of God” by A.W. Tozer (recommended by Tommy Tenney and many others)

The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted.

We must first determine to find Him, and then proceed in the way of simplicity. We must simplify our approach to Him. We must strip down to essentials (and they will be blessedly few). We must put away all effort to impress and come with the guileless candor of childhood. If we do this, without doubt God will quickly respond.

I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3-4 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment