Saturday, November 5, 2005

Saturday, 05 November 2005

The weirdest thing happened yesterday. While I was standing in the doorway to Pastor’s office, his insurance agent and son walked in. When they walked in all of a sudden one of the plate glass windows at the front of our office  popped and shattered. Scared the fool out of me! No car drove by, no one walked by, there appeared to be no explanation for the glass shattering but it did.

While I was putting the finishing touches on the bulletin for Sunday I got a phone call from my other part time job. They were short handed and wanted to know if I could come in. I didn’t really want to but since they’ve cut my hours I thought “why not”. I went to lunch at North Oak Dairy Queen again with Doyle and Pastor Kirk. Pastor didn’t know we had been there the day before.  I left from there and went into work. I was there from 2pm until 5:30pm when my relief showed up. I came home and gathered up my scrapbook supplies to go to the crop at Cat’s store. My friend Kelly was there and Vanessa joined us after she got off work. I didn’t get all that many pages done. The first two pages went well but I hit a snag on the next two. I never did get those finished. I wanted to do some journaling with these two pages and I do better with that when I’m home. Still had a good time. Helped Cat clean up and take out trash then came home. It was after 1pm before I got to bed!

I got up at 8:30am and made myself get up. Wanted to spend a little time with God before my friend Jean came to get me this morning. We were to go pickup my cell member Sherri from the nursing home. She is the diabetic who has had so much trouble with her foot. She’s 57 years old! She was in the nursing home because she has no family here and none of us were able to care for her the way she needed care. She was released today to go home. OMG she accumulated a lot of stuff in 4 months time! We got her and her stuff into her apartment and then went to the grocery store for her.

Came home to get the saddle I sold to take to the Shipping Station to ship to the purchaser! Now I need to get the other one listed and see if I can get it sold. These two saddles were impetuous, unnecessary buys at the time I got them. I’m thinking that the proceeds I get for selling them I want to present to my husband to go toward a snow skiing trip. He loves to ski and we’ve not been able to go in several years because of our finances. He is always sacrificing for Vanessa and me and this is one small way I could show my appreciation. I’m not very good at planning trips like this. Doyle usually does that. He is so meticulous and thorough. I’m more like the “bull in the china closet”. Anyway, I’ve been debating whether to give him the money with a note at Christmas or if I should have someone help me go ahead and plan a trip. Either way I know I will surprise him. It’s been a really long time since I have actually surprised him with anything.

Excerpt from “God Chasers” by Tommy Tenney

My ministry requires me to travel quite often and when I come home to my family, I don’t get too excited when I am peppered with my children: “What did you bring me, Daddy? Did you get me anything?” I realize that is normal for little children, but what I really want, what I dream about almost every day I am away, is the moment my six-year old just crawls up in my lap and “loves” on me with no thoughts about what toy I’ve tucked into my suitcase. Father God wishes for the same thing.

We are too easily satisfied with things that are not quite what they ought to be. There is a greater purpose behind the meetings taking place around the world (and it isn’t just for us to get blessed). God wants to break open the heavens over our cities so the people who are without God will know that He is Lord and that He loves them. Now that is the true purpose of God’s visitation among men. We need to get our eyes off the toys and onto the purpose… God is not coming to people who merely seek His benefits. He’s coming to people who seek His face. If we seek His face, what we will get is His favor. God is looking for enough hungry people to receive His presence. It all begins with the prayer of the hungry: There’s got to be more…..

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?” Who has ever given to God that God should repay him? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen. Romans 11:33-36 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment