Monday, December 26, 2005

Monday, 26 December 2005

One of my Christmas gifts from my husband was a new computer!! Woohoo!! It was getting to the point I was having to reboot mine several times because it would freeze up.  So I had to wait while my dear sweet husband set it up and got it running.

We had services at our church last night at 5pm so families could be together Christmas morning. We only had a worship service so we meet for an hour. Shortest service I’ve ever attended at Well of Life! Crowd was pretty thin but worship was good. Reminds my of the scripture “where two or three are gathered in My name”. That definitely holds true!

After church we come back home. Doyle finishes setting up my new computer! While he is doing that Mom, Vanessa and I are watching a local network movie with Valerie (great name) Bertinelli and Peter Faulk. It was a cute little movie. After it ended we watch “Hitch” It was hysterical. I really enjoyed it.

Wow! I don’t think I was a good as all the stuff I received! I was so blessed by my husband and daughter. I was overwhelmed! I not only got a new computer but new monitor and printer as well. Got the loading dock for my digital camera and rechargeable batteries with charger. Also got a carrying case for the camera. Got some new clothes. Vanessa gave me some new pajama pants and tank that have cute cartoon horses on them and flipflops to match! It’s a Paul Frank brand which is what they sell at the store. Of course I don’t look as cute in them as she does but that’s okay! I got a new card to put in my Compaq IPAQ which is a small hand held computer device for using like a daytimer. Doyle got me the additional memory so I can put the Bible on it! Is that cool or what!! I of course got some cool scrapbook stuff.

I’m off today and tomorrow. This afternoon it was 80 degrees. I went and washed my truck. It was in major need of a bath! Took Mother to some different addresses of potential rental property. She won’t be coming for a few months yet but she wanted to get some idea of what was available. We stopped at Dollar General and bought some wrapping paper that was half off and some name tags. Headed home. Vanessa wanted to go bowling tonight for something to do. We had a coupon for 1 hour of free bowling. Got in a couple of games. Went to pay for the shoes and because Vanessa used to work there, they didn’t charge us for the shoes either. That was kind of nice. We went to eat at Pulido’s Mexican Food. I think it was the only restaurant in town that was open other than fast food! We actually had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. That is highly unusual in our town.

Vanessa wanted to go to Walmart to use a gift card she got. She wanted to get Toy Story 2 that just came out and a CD. I checked out the Christmas stuff. I was very surprised to see that all the wrapping paper was already gone. Glad I got some at Dollar General. I did get a couple bags of bows, gift boxes and tissue paper. I also got Kaidence another Frisbee. The one she has is so chewed up it doesn’t fly right. I bought her one for Christmas from PetsMart but it’s made a little different and she doesn’t like it! I tried throwing the new one and she went after it but when she brought it back to me she stopped at the end of the porch, dropped the new Frisbee, jumped on the porch to retrieve the old Frisbee and brought it to me!! I couldn’t believe it! I think it has something to do with the shape of the Frisbee makes the new one hard for her to pickup with her teeth.

Here’s some pictures from Christmas day.

 

 

 

Vanessa modeling her new beanie and scarf!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

Doyle's brother Doren. See the desk behind him. That's where I make my posts and comments on Xanga. That monitor is being replaced with a high-tech flat screen!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Keannon looking at his new tool box, a gift from Doyle and I. While he and Vanessa were at her other families celebrating Christmas, Doren and Doyle installed it for him. The dog at the bottom of the photo is Buttons, Mother's new dog.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mom and Buttons....Mom didn't like her hair. She had spent the night at my brothers and used her teen-age grandaughter's shampoo. She said her hair was so soft she couldn't do anything with it. She meant to curl the bangs but we got started before she got that accomplished.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I spent a long time playing frisbee with Kaidence. I guess I wore her out. She was even too tired to chew on her bone!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Doyle reading the Christmas story out of Luke 2 before we begin unwrapping gifts. This tradition came from my Dad's side of the family and we have carried on the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment