Friday, November 10, 2017

Gearing Up for Christmas

It's not early in the world of handmade cards to make Christmas cards. In fact many who make Christmas cards have been doing so since summer but not me. Granted I should have started then but well....I just wasn't feeling it yet.

I actually started "feeling it" the month of October and made a few.

Getting a new Christmas stamp set also helped motivate me to begin the process. This image is a Unity's October 2017 Sentiment Kit cakked "Cheerful Prancing". I heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum. I really like how it turned out.







I liked this one too. I heat embossed with silver on this card.
















I did this card the same as the one above only this image is a Phyllis Harris design called "Unto Us". I've made cards with this one before. It is a large stamp and covers nearly the entire card. (if you use the standard A2).

I need a LOT more!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog posts. I need to get some cards made if I plan to send any out. Christmas is sneaking up way too fast this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I hear you about Christmas approaching! Man, where do this year go?!

      Delete