Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Interesting Things 11-10-2017

When I fed horses the morning of November 10th I spied a hawk land in a tree just South of the barn. I grabbed my camera. I took a picture but as I tried to get closer for a better shot he took off.








I see this view every time I'm at the horses. I just love it. There is something about it that beckons me to walk down it!

I decided to do just that on this day. Doing a little exploring. It is owned by a brick company but it is raw undeveloped land. I've been on it before but it had been a long time.







I found this tree leaking a little sap.


















This little boogers are nasty! I dislike them almost as much as I do grass burrs! There were a lot of them on this property.
















When I first spotted this, I thought it was trash stuck in the tree. When I got closer I discovered that it was a bird nest made with trash! Very creative!
















Later that evening we attended a birthday party of a family friend and member of our church.

It was a great party. It was set up to be outside but it was pretty chilly. I spent most of my time inside.














The outside decorations were pretty cool!






Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Those outside decoration are very nice! Too bad hawk flew off. That lane does look inviting for some exploration. Those big sticker things I think we called them Cockle Burrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Yes those sticker things are cockle burrs.

      Delete