Monday, November 27, 2017

Be the Hope: Help finish the park

Saturday November 18th Doyle and I volunteered with others to help brick the walkways in a park in the area we worked in this summer.














A front moved through that morning. It made the temperature perfect for what we were doing but the wind was a bit crazy! Thankfully we had some break from it from surrounding buildings. There were 3 pathways we bricked. This is one that I bricked.














I couldn't have done it without help from others to bring the bricks to me! This is Rose. She is the Executive Director of Pulse Ministries (the Ministry behind Mission Mineral Wells). We are also good friends.









Doyle came up with the idea of laying different brick for this spot just as the path makes a turn. There is a bench here to sit on. The person on their knees in a yellow shirt is me 😊




















































This lady also helped bring me bricks early in the process. I learned that she was 71! She made a great hand! She had to leave before we got through but her help was greatly appreciated.











Doyle and I working side by side.












Getting down to the last bit of trail.














Almost there! The man I'm working with is one of the Elders of the church who own this park.













Doyle helped him finish up the last little bit.















Finished trail.


































This little area Doyle was doing with different brick.



















The group minus a couple that had to leave early.

Although a small group we got a LOT accomplished. Doyle and I were both sore for a couple of days but well worth it!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Now that takes some work but they look wonderful! And the wind was crazy that day!

    ReplyDelete