Friday, October 6, 2023

Family Photos

The service celebrating Dad's life was well done. My Uncle Philip, Dad's brother, brought the message mixing some memories with Dad from his perspective that brought laughter and smiles from many. 

I learned that at least 5 people from the Church in  Perrin Dad was pastor of from May 1977 to August 1989 made the trip to Missouri for Dad's service. I was very touched by that. 

My church family sent this beautiful spray of flowers. I had to chuckle as I am the one who usually does this. I appreciated them doing this.


This was also a great photo opportunity for the family!



This is my cousin Tony Curp (son of Bill and Beverly Curp) and my sister Karen Shonk (Barbara's oldest)  . Beverly is my Dad's sister. She died in 2017. She was 5 years younger than Dad. Tony was leaving from the cemetery so we took pictures with him before he left.




This is Alan (Dad's youngest brother and youngest of the siblings.) We are the same age and only 3 months apart. This is his family. L to R Alan, Lyndie, Aaron and Andrew.




Aaron's wife Suzan and son Nolan (born November 30, 2022) they also have a daughter, Vera (born August 3, 2018) She was at school.




This is Ann Underwood and her son Clint. Ann is my Dad's cousin. Her mom and my grandmother were sisters.








L to R Kai (4), Addison, Taylor, Destiny, Fiance Ryan, Kelley and Wayne. Taylor's wife, Whitney and kids did not make the trip.





Korin (9) Kashton (10) Kennedy (13) standing by Keannon and Vanessa.




















Back row: Sheryl, me, Karen, Darla

Front row: Wayne, Barbara and Mark. Missing Barbara's youngest Brian.





I can't identify all these people but they are family in some way and some had already left!






Dad's headstone. Barbara's name is on the headstone of her first husband who also died of cancer in 1988 at 54 years old. The headstone is to the left of dad's.




The other side of Dad's headstone.




No comments:

Post a Comment