Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Valentine Cards

I made Valentine cards but I didn't give any away 😞. I would have sent one to Remi but they were in the process of moving to Colorado and I didn't have an address for where they were living currently.

I'm still not too sure that I like this one but oh, well! I didn't mean for the ink to smear on the white hearts. I tried something I saw where you ink your embossing folder then run it through the sizzix. It may have been the type of ink I used. I don't know. I decided that I would make it work. It does kind of have a "distressed" look to it. The love banner is a unity stamp from February 2017 KOTM. It was all one piece and I cut out the letters and attached it to a piece of twine to make a banner.






This Valentine Card I made for a Unity card challenge. Which was to make a Valentine Card using only black and white. I am entering this into Cards in Envy "Give it Some Heart" card challenge. You may recognize a technique I used on the last post. It is called "Triple Stamping". It is so fun and makes pretty cards.  I do like how this card turned out.  I think I may go back and color in the bigger hearts. I haven't decided yet. The Biggest heat came for the same KOTM as above. The heart with words came from April 2017 KOTM. The tiny hearts came from the stamp set "Never Ending Love".



This was my first attempt at this card. I wasn't satisfied so I made another. The paper was cut crooked. I didn't like the way I stamped the border. The heart border was created using the stamp set mentioned above "Never Ending Love". The raccoons are a Phyllis Harris design called "Sweets for My Sweet".










Valentine's Day Doyle took me out for lunch. It was on Wednesday so we had church that evening. It was still a nice day!

Thanks for looking! Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards as always! I really love the black and white one you linked to our challenge at Cards in Envy! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of your cards! Perfect for our challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete