Wednesday, February 28, 2018

New Retreat Venue 2-8-2018

Almost a year ago Doyle tagged me in a post on Facebook about a new retreat venue in our county. My friend Teresa and I had said we really needed to check into it.

Although we like the retreat we attend in Canton we do not like the drive to get there and come home. About a month ago, the same Facebook page (Rock House Retreat) posted about having an open retreat February 8th-11th. I immediately sent a message to Teresa and asked if she wanted to go. She was game! We had 3 weeks before the retreat.

This venue was the brainchild of a quilter but she is open to scrapbookers too 😊. It's only about 30 minutes from my house!


Our bedroom. There is one more bed in this room on the wall were I am standing.













A very nice bathroom!

















This is a picture I took from their Facebook page. I don't know how but I didn't manage to take any pictures of the main room! This view only shows half of the room. This is when you first walk through the door looking to the right. The dining area is in the front bottom of the photo. The kitchen is to the left of the photo not shown.

You can see quilts hanging on the wall.

They chairs are good for scrapbooking too!
Actually Teresa and I concluded that quilters and scrapbookers really have a lot in common.







This view of the kitchen is looking toward the front door. It is to the left of this photo. There is a hallway to the right of the kitchen were the rooms are located. This photo is also from their Facebook page.

Another plus about this place is there were NO issues with cell service or internet! Signal was strong!












Of course I had to walk around a bit and explore around sunset 😉
























It was a great start to the weekend. More in another post!

Have a good one

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous place! Glad you two went and shared these photos. I love where we go to Mt Calm as well but the drive not so much especially when I'm tired and sleepy on the way home! Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete