Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Pretty But Destructive 2-22-2018

The ice continued to build on trees. As you can see these limbs are nearly touching the ground.














It is eerily beautiful.












There were many trees that lots limbs from the heavy ice. The ones most heavily damaged were pine and cedar trees.










Thankfully the roads didn't get slick.
























Back at the horses, the icicles got longer. The temperature started slowing rising during the afternoon and ice began to melt....












...and the ice began to fall off.



















































I just love this little road that goes into the woods next to the horse pasture.


By Friday the 24th we were ice free!

Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. It was a LOT of ice! We have many, many trees that will need to be trimmed and lots of branches on the ground. Pecan trees did okay but the oaks out here really took a beating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me sad for the trees but it was pretty!

      Delete
  2. Dear Valerie I found your blog after so long So much has happened to me. I am on Google+ now as for some reason I could no longer get on my blogspot site no matter how hard I tried
    I went under sunny then
    Now Freydis Simpson Hudson
    Sadly have fibromyalgia and much sickness
    Your pics are Lovely
    I can't use computer now
    But go on phone to do my site there l tend to write poetry scince depression
    Lovely to say hi blessings from Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me! Sorry you are having so much difficulty. Good to hear from you. I'll see if I can find you :)

      Delete