Friday, November 22, 2019

Early First Freeze 11-1

Our first freeze usually happens around mid to late November. We had our first Arctic front of the season arrive the day before Halloween. Temperatures got down to the upper 20's for the low.

Everything was nice and frosty including a touch of frost on Fancy's blanket!








I thought it was cool how the frost glistened like glitter on the pipe round pen panels.















If you click on the picture to see it larger you can see the detail of the frost on this weed in the pasture.


















My neighbor's cat, Leap, that comes to the barn to see me each time I'm here getting a drink from the horses water trough kept ice free from a tank heater.  I feed him and a feral cat I call Ebony that started coming to the barn as a kitten. He used to run from me but now runs to me for me to pet him 😉





I feed them on a wooden pallet that sits on its side to keep the food off the ground from other critters that might come to the barn. These two are buddies. They come running to the barn every time I drive up in the truck.

They crack me up as they only eat when I'm standing there petting them. My neighbor says that when I leave the barn they come back to her house.





I was so intrigued by the look of frost on everything that I took a walk in the wooded area next to the horses before leaving to go to work.











































Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment