Monday, September 24, 2018

Up to my Elbows

I'm sorry that I've been absent. I've been up to my elbows in card making. Not only am I trying to continue sending cards to family and those in my church but making sure I have enough cards for The Market at 76067 that is opening October 2nd. And to add a bit more pressure to myself I entered a Craft Fair Saturday September 22nd. Then of course Christmas is less than 3 months away 😲. 

However in the midst of card making....life goes on.

You may remember me telling you I acquired a barn cat. You can read that post here. She was the cat that was left behind at the house where the horses are. The new owners were more than willing to take her in but she has seemingly adopted me. There little girl has named her "Lovey"

She meets me every morning and evening when I come to feed. I give her food then go feed the horses. Before I can get back to the other barn to put out hay she comes down where I am as you see here.










Lovey is pregnant again. I believe the father is the black cat that is in the background of this photo lying on pallets. He is wild and won't let anyone get very close.










I zoomed in as not to scare him off. I call him "Coal" since he is so black. He is a big cat.













See how her sides are sticking out! I'm curious to know where she will have them.
















Unfortunately feeding the cat in the barn attracts other critters. On many occasions when I come in the morning I find the feed dish empty and the water bowl dumped on the ground. Even when the water bowl isn't dumped it usually has dirt in the bottom of the bowl. I had suspected that raccoons were visiting but couldn't prove it until one night I feed after dark and I caught a raccoon eating the cat food red handed!

Raccoons are not my only cat food thieves.

Meet "Girly", the chicken! The chicken belongs to the same family I talked about earlier. Girly has started coming to the barn too! Geez, I'm beginning to feel like the Pied Piper!










This was the first time she came to the barn. This family also has a miniature goat. It would probably come to the barn too but they keep him penned.

Never a dull moment!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment