Thursday, September 13, 2018

Light in My Pathway is Born

You may be saying "what?"

I apologize for my absence in blog land. I've been very busy behind the scenes.

You may remember some time ago I mentioned considering selling my cards? Well......

Thanks to my dearest friend....Teresa.

We spent the weekend crafting the end of June. We talked about a lot of things during that time but one of the topics was about me selling my cards. I was just really on the fence about it.

I was afraid.

Afraid no one would buy them.

Afraid I would have so many orders I couldn't keep up.

Afraid... I didn't know what to do or even where to begin.

On Tuesday July 3rd, I had taken the day off work and Teresa sent me a text with a business name. Before the day was through I had changed my Instagram account name, created a Facebook Page, got an email address and bought a domain name!

When the dust settled I thought "what in the world have done?! I am in way over my head!"

The last two months I have spent building a very basic webpage through tutorials, tweeking the Facebook page all the while still trying to make cards. Now mind you I have no expertise in any of these areas! I have also gone to a small business group that meets twice a month to network and help build business through referrals. I am attending a social media training tomorrow through our chamber of commerce. I have committed to doing a craft show on September 22nd. (Can I breathe now?)

I will say however that as of tonight September 12th everything went live. The website is up, the Facebook page is up and so is another blog 😓. It may still have some glitches but I knew the only way I would find out was if I just pushed the "Publish" button!

Do not worry. I am not doing away with this blog. I will continue to blog here for family and friends who are interested in what is going on in my life. Most of my cards though will probably go on the other blog.

I had business cards made. I may change it up some but these will work for now.

I also have an opportunity to be in The Market at 76067. It is in downtown Mineral Wells and will be filled with many vendors. I'm excited and scared stiff all at the same time! I just meet with the owners on Tuesday and they loved my cards. They said I was a perfect fit 😲!

I don't know about you but I don't think I can handle much more excitement!

Have a good one!




1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha. You'll do great. Good for Teresa! It is scary to jump in. But you'll never know and I think you have a good local following to do well. Best of luck to you and just breathe.

    ReplyDelete