Friday, October 6, 2017

Dragonfly Cards

I had embossed a couple of papers using an embossing folder and set them aside. I finally decided I needed to do something with them. I remembered that I had a dragonfly stamp I thought that would work good on these backgrounds.

I stamped and cut out the dragon fly, I then put score tap (double sided tape) on the dragonfly's tail, wings and heart and burnished it with micro-beads. I used foam tap to give the dragonfly dimension. I colored the rest of the dragonfly with Copic Markers.

The dragonfly is from Unity's January 2017 Kit of the Month.

I wished I had taken another picture before I mailed it. This picture doesn't do the card justice. I made this for my brother whose birthday is October 5th.





I decided to reverse the color and used some pink to make this one a little more feminine.

I decided the cattails might show up better if I partially cut away some of the paper. I do like it better but not sure if I'm really pleased with the background. I am pleased however with the dragonfly! Once again I used score tape on the wings to adhere glittery micro-beads. I used my Copic Markers on the rest of the butterfly and the small heart its holding. I used foam tape under the dragonfly and the sentiment.

These were fun to create but a little more time consuming.

Thanks for taking a look!

Have a good one!


2 comments: