Sunday, October 8, 2017

Blowing in the Wind Card Challenge

I just discovered I missed the last challenge (ugh) and it was pretty easy. The challenges run for 2 weeks and I still seem to miss them!

Back to the current challenge at Cards in Envy which is "Blowing in the Wind". Make an Autumn card with falling leaves.

Here is my entry.

For the background I used watercolor paper. I took Distress Oxide inks Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade and Broken China and spread on a non-stick craft mat and spritzed with water. I then randomly put the paper down in the inks. Once the paper was covered I used a heat gun to set it. Next I took a leaf stamp out of Unity's August KOTM. I used Distress Oxide Ink "Peeled Paint" and randomly stamp the leaf covering the paper.

The tree stamp and sentiment came from September's KOTM. I used Copic Markers to color the image and cut out. I added some glossy accents to the stars and foam tape to the back of the image for dimension. The sentiment I stamped and heat embossed. I really like how this card turned out. I don't have anyone in mind to give it to yet.

Thanks for taking a look.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I love the background! So pretty and the tree image is fabulous! Thanks for creating this card for our challenge; however I hope you will link it as I don't see over there yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did forget to link to the challenge. It's done now!

      Delete
    2. I see it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you did the background with the leaves! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete