Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Tuesday, 04 April 2006

I don’t know what my deal is but yesterday I kept thinking it was Tuesday and today I kept thinking it was Monday!!! I’m so confused!  I’ll try to get my head out of the fog. I’m kind of bummed. We had absolutely “perfect” weather for riding yesterday and today. Yesterday I spent helping Mom and today I felt like crap! (It’s that monthly thing!) I plan to ride probably Thursday but of course it’s supposed to be warmer and more humid. I don’t care….I’m riding anyway!!! When I was a teenager I would ride in all kinds of weather except in rain (didn’t want to be a lightning rod!). Now that I’m older I’m more particular about the weather. Geez, this getting older stuff is making a weenie out of me AGHHH!!! Of course there’s also this little issue called “responsibility” that I didn’t have as a teen. Didn’t have to worry about having a job, buying groceries, doing laundry, cooking meals (well did some of that). Anyway you know what I mean. It’s just not the same now. I have to think about others besides me! It also doesn’t help that they (the horses) are 14 miles away. That has had a much bigger impact than I thought it would. For the last 10 years the horses have been within 5-7 miles from where I lived. That definitely spoiled me. I can hardly wait until I can see them looking out my kitchen window and if I get an urge to ride I can just go out and “get ‘er done”!! That day can not come soon enough for me!!

Mom called me about 3pm today. She is so funny. I think she’s going to be very good for me…making me laugh all the time! (A merry heart does good like medicine Proverbs 17:22). She said “Where you at?” (she called me on my cell) I said home. She said “I thought you’d be riding today” (twinge of guilt). I said “I was going to but didn’t feel up to it.” She said “Well, if you’re going to be home then I want to come by and check my email.” She doesn’t have internet service yet.

After checking email she wanted to go to Wal-mart. She had made another list of things she wanted to pick up. She asked me if I felt up to going. I said “Sure”. I needed to buy groceries anyway. Vanessa picked up a few things for me but I’m not quite ready to turn her loose to buy all my groceries just yet. Boy wouldn’t that be nice to let her do that while she’s at work and then I don’t have too! That is very appealing!

Would ya’ll continue to be praying for the family of the girl who WAS missing. Even though she has been found and she is okay, she hasn’t come home so there are some things that need to be work out in relationship with her parents. I know God has a plan in the midst of all this but that doesn’t make it any less painful for the parents or for their daughter, Charis.

I always let Blue have a good rub after we are done riding. He loves for me to rub his head and scratch the places that are itchy from sweat. When he really gets into it he just starts rubbing on me! I generally just brace myself and let him go at it. He wasn't all that "itchy" today so Vanessa couldn't get a pic of him in action.

 





Here's a profile of Valentine. He's our oldest horse (21)











This is Valentine's rump. Do you notice the shape of one of the spots? In the middle of the picture it sort of resembles a "heart shape". We named him Valentine because we purchased him just a few days before Valentines. It was later we noticed the heart shaped spot!


That's all for tonight! Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment