Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Wednesday, 05 April 2006

UPDATE: Mom was able to keep her email address so keep those emails coming!!! I don't have the details but she's happy!

I had a pretty good day. It was quiet in the office as Pastor is gone to a Pastors retreat. He’ll be back on Friday. I found it very interesting how the phone rarely rings when he’s gone. And it’s not that he gets a lot of calls. It’s just much quieter when he’s not there.

I was walking out of the office when Vanessa called me on my cell to see if I might want to go with her and Mom to lunch. (We can do that now that she lives here!). Vanessa didn’t have to work today. She called her new home phone and got no answer so she called me back and asked for her cell number. Found out she was getting her hair cut, a manicure and brow wax! Guess she’s getting all “gussied up” for a potential job interview! We met at Pulido’s (my favorite local Mexican food Restaurant).

Came home and let the dogs out. I was once again opened the door to disaster. Vanessa had left Kaidence out and guess what. Yep, she made a mess deluxe! This time she got in my scrapbook stuff! I had my paper carrier in the floor and she got into it! Thankfully she didn’t tear up very much paper but I had just bought a $10 paper pack of card stock that was white and black. She chewed up the corner of the pack!!! I think I can salvage most of it! She also ripped up my Ziploc bag that held my Creative Memories ovals and circles (these are cutting tools for pictures or paper). It doesn’t appear that she tore up anything of real significant value (thank you Lord). I also had a bag I brought home yesterday from grocery shopping that had pasta in it, spaghetti, egg noodles, and something else. Well she scattered that EVERYWHERE! I called Vanessa she said she would come home to clean it up and would replace what was destroyed. Let me tell you, God must have really worked something in me for me to not be upset or raging with anger. Surprisingly I wasn’t mad at all! I guess I might have felt differently if she had tore up something like before that might not be able to be replaced.

I gathered up my scrapbooking stuff. I told Cathy yesterday that I would come by today to let her train me some more. I decided it if wasn’t busy I would scrapbook. It wasn’t a very good day training as it was a slow customer day. But it was a good day to just help her move some product to the sale wall and put out some new product. I got there about 2PM and stayed until 6:30PM. I enjoyed it. Gosh I have a lot to learn about the product! But I’m sure it will come the more I work around it. Cathy really wants to use me during her “Crop-a-thon” she is hosting the weekend of National Scrapbook Day in May. She is going to have the store open and the crop room available from 6PM Friday until 6PM Sunday! She is going to charge $80 which will secure your space and pay for food during that time. If people want to sleep at the store they can or stay up all night. She knows she will have several locals so she is also offering the option to come and go. Leaving your stuff there. She is counting on this to be a very big event. Business has been doing extremely well for her. I am very glad. My friend Kelly and I have been praying that she would prosper and she is!! As I was getting ready to leave today she tried to pay me but I wouldn’t let her. Mainly because she didn’t call me in and I wanted to bless her. She had a very slow day today. She was a bit miffed at me at first but I told her there would be plenty of time for that. Knowing her she’ll find a way to “pay” me even if it isn’t with “cash”. I’m not worried about it. I really just wanted to learn how to do some things and help her. I just hope I was really helpful!

Got to go to bed so I can get up in the morning for prayer at church!

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment