Friday, April 7, 2006

Friday, 07 April 2006

It’s finally Friday!!! Again the winds were atrocious today gusting up to 50MPH! and dust was flying in the air. It was almost hard to breathe! It’s 10PM and the wind is still blustery! Definitely a “bad hair day”! LOL

I recently went online and finally changed my address on my Driver’s License. I received it today and discovered the zip code was incorrect. Since I did it online I don’t know if I made the mistake or they did. Anyway the instructions that came with my new license said to contact the local office which I did. They said they could correct it there. I was getting ready to go down there when mother called to see if I was home so she could bring my tools back (the pruning shears, hack saw and gloves). So I waited for her before I left. She had just come from the doctor’s office having her first visit with her new family physician. She said she likes him. She grabbed some lunch and ate it while she was here. She went to a drama tonight put on by Community Christian School. The drama was “The Diary of Anne Frank”. The junior high kids were the performers in this production and was held at our church. I’m curious to hear how it went. It sold out pretty fast.

Tomorrow I will be cropping at the scrapbook store. I should have already been getting my stuff together and here I am making my post instead! I really need to have a plan if I want to get anything done tomorrow!!

In my quiet time (my time I spend with God) as I was reading my devotional book “Pilgrimage of the Heart” by Catherine Martin I got an idea that I want to try. It is very hard to have “quiet” in my house. Even when everyone is asleep there are still computers running, air conditioner/heater running, refrigerator running. Then there’s the pets who once they know I’m up want attention. They either want in or want out. If their out, they want in and if their in they want out!! I got the idea to get up a little earlier to get ready for work and go to the church to have my quiet time until it is time to be at work. It is very quiet there and if I want to talk out loud to God or sing to Him I don’t have to worry about disturbing anyone! It seems like a splendid idea but it will be a little bit of a challenge for me but I think it is doable. The following excerpt from that book is what sparked this idea:

Find a quiet place and talk with your Lord. Tell Him everything on your heart. Lay your requests before Him. Ask Him the questions that no one can seem to answer. Don’t be afraid to dream big dreams and ask the Lord for the impossible. Perhaps that dream deep in your heart was placed there by the Lord. If it’s His dream, He will make it live. Maybe He will change your heart. Lay before Him the sin that keeps nagging at your heart. Remember God’s word says “if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9)

As you talk with the Lord, keep your Bible open. Sometimes He will bring a verse to mind. Turn to that verse, and think long and hard about what it says. Ask the Lord to speak to you from His Word. Turn to God’s promises as you talk with Him, and read them out loud. Keep your journal open to write any insights, ideas, or prayers as you sit with the Lord. Thank God that He hears when you speak and actually delights in your company. He loves to be with you.

I did just that. I began to ask God for the impossible. I want 100 acres!! Not 20 but 100! And I didn’t stop there! I want a 3 bd, 2ba house with a porch and a barn. I want a creek through the property. I want several trees for shade and a clearing for baling hay. I want a stock tank. I want some flat ground and some hills and most importantly I don’t want any grass burrs or briars!!!! And I don’t want any trashy trailer house neighbors! (I don’t mind neighbors just don’t want junkie ones!) Now that is asking the impossible! What have I got to lose?! “You have not because you ask not or you ask amiss” (James 4:2)

After I asked God for the above, a couple of scriptures came to mind. The first Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. When I looked it up here’s the next verse after it. “Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. Is that cool or what?!! The next scripture that came to my mind was Matt 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”

Land or no land, horses or no horses, I’m going to keep following after God with all that is within me. If He chooses to give me my dream of a place in the country, that’s GREAT!!! I will be so thankful!! And if He says “no” I trust He knows best and has something better for me!

“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” Matt 6:6

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment