Thursday, April 6, 2006

Thursday, 06 April 2006

I haven’t felt good the last couple of days. Yesterday when I was helping Cathy at the store I had a nagging headache, my eyes hurt and it felt like I had a lump in the back of my throat. She gave me a couple of Advil and I started feeling much better. I did pretty good until it wore off and the pain came back. It was the same today. I talked to my friend Kelly and she said that cedar pollen was extremely high. I know cedar pollen kicks my butt!! I came home from work and took 2 advil and lay down until it kicked in. Even though the pain went away I just didn’t “feel” right! My ears are clogging up too! I don’t usually have trouble with that. The weird thing is I usually have a runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes but I don’t seem to have those symptoms! To top things off today we had a front come through (dry of course – meaning “no rain”) bringing extremely gusty winds and kicking up the dirt so much you could see it in the air!! UGH! We NEED MORE RAIN!!

Mom called today. I can get used to this! I imagine I’ll be hearing from her everyday now! We used to talk everyday before her and my dad moved to Hawaii in 1989. She wanted to borrow my pruning shears, leather gloves and hack saw! There was a little tree growing between her A/C unit and the duplex she wanted to take down before it caused problems! I had that stuff in my truck so she came by the office.

After I laid down and started feeling better I got up and had a salad for lunch. I had intended to ride today but I really didn’t feel good. But I hadn’t been up to check on the horses in several days so decided to at least go up and make sure everyone is still standing. I stopped by the feed store I frequent and when I walked in it was empty. I was shocked. I saw people working on the building but I just figured they were remodeling. I see someone in the part that used to be the office and said “where are they?” She said “they are around there” pointing outside. She thought I meant someone else, I was talking about the former owner. I go around the side of the building and I see a man and ask “where’s the feed store?” He said “We’ll be open on Monday under blah, blah blah. (He didn’t really say that but the name it would be I just don’t remember because I was still in shock and felt pretty stupid!! Well, there is a feed store just two blocks to the east of the one I “used to use” and got feed there. I ran into my farrier (for those who don’t know this term, it is the person who shoes horses). I told him what I’d done. He said “well, I came down here the other day and there wasn’t anyone here. The doors were locked and I said ‘what the heck’, it’s the middle of the afternoon!” I felt a little better but not much. I bought my feed but I didn’t get any alfalfa cubes as I didn’t want to spend all my cash and I didn’t bring the check book (they didn’t take debit cards!).

I make my way north to the horses. I get there and the wind is really blowing like crazy. I get everyone’s feed ready. They are all down in the pasture a ways. I walk down about half way and begin to holler. Three out of four raise their heads and look at me holding a bucket of feed. I turn around and walk back to the pens. When I look back they haven’t moved but went back to grazing! I guess they are starting to get enough grass they weren’t interested in what I had! So I left them alone. Put the feed up till I’m there next time and came toward town. I was still feeling decent so stopped by the scrapbook store (this is getting to be a daily habit!). I emailed Cathy last night about the Crop on Saturday. It’s the 12 hour crop (10AM-10PM). I didn’t originally sign up because I have to work at DriveSafe Saturday night. I didn’t want to pay $20 if I couldn’t be there the whole time and not eat either! I got to thinking about it and Doyle will be a work that day so thought…I could scrapbook for 6 hours so I ask Cathy if she had room could I come for part of the day and only pay $10. She said that was fine. So that’s why I went by the store today to pay her but she wouldn’t let me because I wouldn’t let her pay me yesterday when I worked! I didn’t mind that change out!! So, unless I’m on my death bed I’m going to crop Saturday at least until about 4PM.

I got to the store around 4:30 and stayed until Cathy closed. Came home and fixed supper. Then I spent almost 2 hours ironing (my most favorite thing to do NOT!!)

That’s my day. I’m starting to feel yucky again so am going to close and try to get to bed.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment