Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Another Great Ride 11-23-2020

On November 23rd I took Kennedy to ride at our State Park. Kennedy has ridden at the park with me before but on our old horse Clyde. This was her first time to ride Fancy by herself at the park. 












It was nice while the sun was out but when it went behind the clouds it got a bit chilly. (Aunt Kay, can you see that I have your old shirt jacket on?)
















Diamond and I lead at the beginning of the trail.










The sun was hit and miss.







Fancy didn't think Diamond was walking fast enough so Kennedy took lead.

My only concern with Kennedy being lead is that Fancy tends to sidestep when something startles her. She doesn't do that so much when she is following.

Fancy did do that a couple of times but Kennedy stayed with her!
















It still makes me sad that the trees had to be cut down. They were huge!







Almost back to the trailhead.








I still have trouble figuring out where to look! 

We successfully completed 8 miles! It took us about 2 hours.





I always have made it a practice to walk the horses on foot back to the trailer as the horses feet tend to slip on the pavement. It feels better on our legs too after riding that distance!







Striking a pose before we load up to go home.

Kennedy did admit to me she thought the ride was just a bit too long. 


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment