Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Day

This is the year that Remi comes the day after Christmas. When that happens we wait to open gifts until Remi can be here.

For me the last few years that we did our Christmas with Vanessa and family has left me lacking. What I mean is part of the joy of giving gifts is being able to watch the kids expressions as they open the gifts I have picked for them. That gets lost in the chaos. So I proposed that we change things up a bit and asked if we could exchange our gifts with them at our house on Christmas morning. Vanessa was acceptable to that. They came over this morning.




Here they all are except me (taking the picture) and Keannon who was sitting at my desk to my right out of view.

Granddad telling the Christmas story and asking questions to engage the kids before opening gifts.







I give the kids dated ornaments every year as part of their Christmas. Kashton got a soccer jersey in his team's colors with his number.

I gave an angel to Kennedy and Remi with their names on them.



Korin, I gave a unicorn with her name.









I surprised mom with The Passion Translation Bible 2020 Edition. It comes in large print and study notes.











She was thrilled!










I also get the kids pajama's every year. Here's Kashton's. It actually matches his new bedding.









Korin in her new PJ's.


I'll get a good picture tomorrow when Remi is here and with all of them together.

We gave a remote control ATV to Kashton, a huge lego set to Korin. Kennedy we gave a pad of water color paper, art easel and drop cloth so she can paint. We gave each of the kids new blankets.






As many things require batteries these days, Doyle got Keannon a case that holds multiple batteries in number and size.










And of course what good is the case without having batteries to put in it!


We also gave them card and board games to replace those lost in the fire.







and more batteries 😊










Doyle's big gift came from Keannon and Vanessa. They got him Samsung's version of the Apple watch. He's pretty pumped.









I also got the same Bible I got for Mother for Doyle.

After gifts I cooked a big breakfast. 

It was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 60!

We will continue our Christmas celebrating tomorrow at the kids. They got back in their house just before Christmas. Vanessa called in her friends on Wednesday to wrap gifts and decorate the tree.

Stay tuned for Christmas #2.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment