Monday, October 8, 2018

Peculiar Critters

I am so thankful that God saw fit to provide me with plenty of things to fascinate me even though I don't live in the country. I am always seeing something intriguing when I go feed the horses.

I saw something moving on the ground and took a closer look. This little guy was really fast and it was sunset so I was running out of daylight quickly. He graciously climbed up on a weed and I manage to get a pic or two.







I have no idea what kind it is but it was fun to watch.











I am finding more spiders and webs. This one I spied when I arrived to do the morning feeding. There was a heavy dew that morning and there are droplets on the web. You may have to click on the picture to make it large enough to see that.









At first I thought this was a yellow jacket but it is not.











A few days later I find another "woolly worm". This one was in the barn.














I saw this one in the morning time also. May have even been the same spider. There was a big web. It appeared at first that it was continuing to  build it's web.  I said to myself "I'll take a picture when I come back but when I got back to the truck this was all that was left of the huge web! It took the web down that fast! I was amazed!






As I was leaving I saw this pretty Scissor-tail on the fence. I stopped to watch it for a minute.











I watched him or her grab a couple of bugs.













Although a little blurry I thought this photo was cool in capturing the movement of the Scissor-tail.









Got another bug!













This worm looks prehistoric! He's on the side of a horse stall. I found him during a night feeding.

















Found this pair on our porch at home. They are U.G.L.Y. I have no idea what they are but I do know they aren't Army Worms.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment