Wednesday, September 6, 2017

More Birthday Cards

I think I have told you before that I decided early in the year to send handmade cards to my church family along with friends and family members.

I found that there are LOTS of September birthdays! Mother's being one of them! Her birthday is September 3rd.

This is the card I made her.

This card was so fun to make. The image is a Unity Stamp from their "Uniquely Unity" collection. I colored it with my Copic Markers then cut it out. I put foam tape behind it to give it dimension. The sentiment I stamped and cut into a banner. The background I made using Distress Inks Black Soot, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean to create a night sky then spattered with Distress Stain Picket Fence and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist.




This card is for a family friend who attends church with me. He turned 37. I am very good friends with his mom. He was 10 when I started attending church there. He has long blonde hair. I've shared several cards I've made with this stamp. It is a Unity by Phyllis Harris called "Strong & Courage". My stamp is actually a girl but I think I successfully turned it into a young boy. You can get the "boy" version here. I colored the image using Prisma Colored pencils.

The background I created using an embossing folder. It's called basket weave but if you look close it looks like small crosses.

The sentiment I created using my friend Teresa's Alpha Stamps by Ken Oliver. The clip together. I thought that was cool. I may have to have these!






I made this card for a lady who runs a coffee business on our church property. I buy a coffee from her once a week. She has horses and shows them. Her family raises horses too. We have become friends. She has even helped me out a few times with my horses when I have had health questions. Her birthday is September 7th. I made this card for her. It is a Unity stamp by Phyllis Harris called "And For a Moment". This is a very large image and takes up most of the card space (which is a A2 - 4.25 x 5.5). I created the sky background using an Impressions Obsessions. I cut out the image and placed on the card. The sentiment is from another Phyllis Harris stamp set called "Felt With the Heart".


My Uncle Philip's birthday is September 9th. I haven't sent him a card in years but decided to this year. This may seem a bit girly to give to a man but this image reminds me of when I was a little girl except I never worn a dress when I was around horses. Heck I didn't wear a dress unless my mom made me! So I thought it worked to give to him. This is a new release from Unity by Phyllis Harris called "Simple Places".

There will be more cards to come. Vanessa and Korin's birthdays are this month and so is Doyle and my anniversary!

Have a good one!






2 comments: