Monday, September 18, 2017

View From the Back of a Horse 9-12-2017

I have one video in this blog and links to three other videos from the same ride. WARNING, I did video from horse back which makes for a jumpy video so if you get motion-sick easily you may not want to watch.

Last week we had pleasant riding weather. I loaded up a horse and headed to the State Park to ride what is called the "Cross Timbers" Trails. I rode Fancy. Once we got to the main part of the train 2 different times I heard rustling in the woods. I assumed it was deer although I didn't see. Then I saw something that I thought was a deer cross the trail ahead of us but didn't get a good look. Then I saw a doe come out of the thicket onto the trail. She stopped and looked at us but before I could get the video going she darted off. I did however video a little bit.




Unlike Diamond, Fancy doesn't poke along. She did however whinny a couple of times looking for her buddies.















We get a little farther down the trail and Fancy stops because she hears something. I start scanning the area to see what it is. I then spy turkeys. I could see the turkeys but you can't see them on the video. You can see that video here.

Going on down the trail, Fancy stops dead in her tracks again. I wait a minute and then I hear it too. A rustling in the leaves just off the trail. The longer I listen I realize it's an armadillo. I finally spot it but unfortunately you can't see him on the video either. You can watch that video here.

I get to my favorite part of the trail. You can see it here. Hope you enjoy.

I could tell that the trails had been mowed but the other low water crossing was covered up by weeds! I just had to ride through them.

This was one end.















Here is the other end.

















It was a great ride!

Have a good one!














2 comments:

  1. What a great ride! I did only watch one video as yeah, movement can make me feel...well you know. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! The videos are for the brave at heart :) Thanks for your reading, watching and commenting!

      Delete