Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday, 30 December 2005

I am so glad it’s Friday. Three day weekend woohoo!! I got spoiled having off four days last weekend. Of course it doesn’t pay to be off as everything is still there when you get back and it was no different with me. I put off getting the newsletter out and shouldn’t have. Made me work late today. Doing the bulletin and the newsletter the same day is rather tough when I don’t have anyone to help me. At least it’s done now.

While I’m still at work Vanessa calls me and asks if I can come by to get her check and take to the bank. I finally get through about 1:30pm. I get her check and head home to see if Mom wants to make the bank run with me. I had three banks to go to. One for Vanessa, the other for me and one for the church. We head back home and it’s so pretty out I decide to take down the outside Christmas lights. So I got all the Christmas decorations put away until next year.

Keannon and Vanessa left for Houston tonight for the weekend. Keannon has a good friend down there. They took Kaidence with them and I already miss her! When Vanessa does move out and take her I may have to request visitation rights!

Here’s another excerpt from “The God Chasers” by Tommy Tenney. This one I’ve also been chewing on what was said.

            When we discover that God’s best and deepest treasures require death to self, we often don’t pursue Him any further. We don’t ask the questions we need to ask to find out why His presence doesn’t come cheaply. Perhaps it’s because we think it is impertinent or we are simply afraid of His answer. Moses persisted. He had learned that it isn’t impertinent to pursue God for His own sake; it is God’s greatest desire and delight.

            This burning desire to see God’s glory, to see Him face to face, is one of the most important keys to revival, reformation, and the fulfillment of God’s purposes on the earth.

            When Moses told God, “Show me Your glory,” the Lord said, “You can’t, Moses. Only dead men can see My face.” It would have been easy for this man to have been satisfied with God’s first answer, but he wasn’t. Moses wasn’t selfish or presumptuous. He wasn’t seeking material things or personal fame. He wasn’t even seeking miracles or gifts. Moses simply wanted God, and that is the greatest gift and blessing we can ever give Him. Yet Moses had to pursue Him, and it didn’t come easy.

The part that got me was the very last which was my bold and italics.

I must go tonight. I think I’ll meditate on that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment