Friday, June 10, 2022

Clifford

 Clifford joined the family in August 2016. He was Kennedy's pet. Here is the link to that blog post if you want to refresh your memory.









When the kids house burned in March of 2020 he came to live with me. I began researching about Guinea Pigs because I knew nothing except what Vanessa had told me. I learned so much!

Here is another link to a former post about Clifford.

Clifford passed away May 26th. 

Clifford had not been acting himself so I knew that something wasn't right. I took him to the vet on May
16th. The vet prescribed antibiotics 2x a day for 7 days. He was slow to improve but finally did begin to show signs of improvement. However, after he finished his meds he began to go down hill again.


I brought him to my craft room as was my habit every day in the afternoon. He would contentedly eat his hay and lettuce I gave him but not this day. He just laid there. It was hard to see him not feel good.

I left the house to go to Korin's Academic Awards for school. When I got home. he was gone.

What I have read about Guinea Pigs is their life expectancy is about 8 years. He was 6 maybe 7 as Kennedy acquired him from another family but I don't think they had him very long.

I did enjoy having him. I do miss him but to be honest, I'm not ready to have anymore pets. I have the horses and I'm good with that for now.

Have a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment