Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thursday May 26, 2005

 I've got to get it in my grid it's Thursday. For some reason it has seemed like Friday all day. We got some much needed rain this AM and remained overcast and very pleasant the rest of the afternoon. Rode my bike today (6 miles) after the rain cleared.Well, I thought I would share a few more pics of our menagerie. 


This is Mercy. A Great Dane. She showed up in our front yard very underweight 2 years ago. We tracked down the owner and discovered he had given her away to someone that lived up the street from us. I went to ask them about her and they denied ever having her! So we decided to keep her. She is very much "one of the family"! I had never owned a Dane before. They truly are people dogs. They just want to be where you are. Yes, she stays in the house. She is even so sensitive that if anyone of us is gone overnight she won't eat until everyone is home. I named her Mercy because I thought she needed lots of it. 


She has truly become my husband's dog though. He babies her more than the rest of us. She weighs right at 99lbs and is 31 inches at the shoulder. See how he is! She is a little large for a lap dog but she thinks she is. I couldn't resist taking this picture. My friends tease me about having a "miniature horse". 





We also have an outdoor dog named Zorro that is half Labrador and half German Shepherd. He is all black and looks sort of like a lab except he has a really large head and a tail that curls like a shepherd's. His head really looks like he has Rotweiler (sp?) but we were told he was half shepherd half lab. He was a rescue too. Infact all my pets except for the horses are rescued animals.



Here is my baby. His name is Speedy. He's a year old. I found him and his brother abandoned, soaking wet and near death where we used to keep our horses. Two other kittens were already dead. I could tell they weren't old enough to be weaned yet so I stopped at the store on the way home and got milk & bottles. Doyle & I didn't think they would last through the night. I dried them off, warmed them up and fed them and they not only survived but thrived. Through searching the internet, I figured they were about 2 weeks old. One of them screamed all the time so that's what I called him "Screamer" the other one was really fast even though he was wobbly so we called him "Speedy" I never really intended for the names to stick but they did. I of course had promised my husband I would find a home for them when they got bigger (liar, liar, pants on fire). I was truly attached to these kittens! I was there Momma! So reluctantly I ran an ad in the paper. One family with two little girls came and picked up the one I really wanted to keep. Screamer, even though he was loud, was a very loving kitten where as Speedy always wanted to be "on the go". It was sad when Screamer left as Speedy kept looking for him. His personality changed somewhat after that. He became more loving. He still bounces off furniture and loves to run and jump into our dining room chairs that have wheels and go sailing across the kitchen floor! But when he wants my attention, he crawls in my lap and lays on his back soaking it all up. He's a little hellion but he's also adorable.


This is "Abercrombie" my daughter's cat. Another neutered male. This isn't his most glamorous pose but it is one of his funniest. He was rescued as a kitten also from where our horses used to be. "Ab" as we call him has been with us 6 years. He's a big cat weighing around 12 to 15 lbs.

Well, I should close since it's not Friday that means I have to work tomorrow so I guess I should call it a night.

I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone oh, Lord make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment