Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Creepy Crawlies Challenge

I must admit when I first saw the theme of Cards in Envy's Challenge I groaned. I am not big on Halloween. Now I'm not totally against it. I just don't like the spooky, scary and sometime gross, evil stuff that's out there.

Anyway, I read further in the guidelines for the challenge and then got excited! It didn't have to be a Halloween card. It could be a card featuring insects and bugs. Well, I got an idea! I remembered a paper collection I had bought a few years ago at my LLS (Cat's Creations) by AdornIt called "Bug-a-boo".

I had so much fun making this card that I made two more! I will showcase them each on a different blog. The sentiment was printed on one of the papers that I cut out and matted with yellow cardstock and put dimensional tape behind it then added some twine and wha...la I had a card!

Have a good one!


10 comments:

  1. Love your buggy card, Valerie! So cute! The sentiment on the paper works great. Glad this theme worked out for you. We realize that not all card makers do Halloween cards but still wanted to give those that do a chance to showcase their spooky little creations and those who don't could still do a card too. :) However, our next challenge since it's right on Halloween will be a bit more just "Halloween." Thanks for creating your card and sharing it with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I will probably make a Halloween card to send to Remi so I will probably still participate :)

      Delete
  2. I like this card! The colors really pop! I should try my hand at this challenge with Cards in Envy! I am trying to get a set of cards ready for my mom! Sandy, I bought my mom some Elvis postage stamps and thought it would be fun to make cards to go with them. Just gotta find the right paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should! New challenge every two weeks. I do it as it gets me to make a card.

      Delete
  3. OOOHHH - most certainly creepy crawly!!!! Great job on the challenge for Cards in Envy this week. So glad you entered. Sure glad you participated and hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, What a fun, colorful card! Love that adorable sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super buggy cute!! LOVE your lil critters!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete