Monday, September 21, 2026

Honoring Aunt Sharon 090426

My Aunt Sharon (my Dad's youngest sister) went to heaven August 26th. Interestingly enough, that is the same day Dad went to heaven 3 years ago. 

Dad was one of 5. He was the first born. My Aunt Beverly Curp was next 5 years later. She went to heaven in 2017. Then Sharon was 2 years later. Then Philip born 7 years later and Alan who was born 8 years after Philip. Alan and I are the same age. He was born 3 months before I was. Philip and Alan are the only two left.

This is a picture of the program from Sharon's celebration of life.






Inside the program.








The back of the program.









Philip, Kevin Griffey (Sharon and Jimmy's son - my cousin) and Alan singing "It Is Well"

  

All of Jimmy and Sharon's grandkids sang "Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me".


Philip, his son David, daughter Sarah and Mary Ann sang "When We All Get to Heaven".


My cousin Andrew (Alan's youngest son) played piano.










Philip, David, Sarah and Mary Ann









Sharon's grandkids.
















I didn't like the reason for my trip but I enjoyed seeing family I don't normally see.


I was about 90 minutes away from one of my other favorite Aunties so I went to visit her on Saturday.

I returned to Clinton and went to my Uncle Jimmy's house to spend time with the family members who were still in the area.

I headed home on Sunday September 6th. It was a good trip.

Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment