Tuesday, April 21, 2020

We Are Still Livin' Life

The effects of the pandemic reached our area the weekend we left to go to Missouri to visit family. We cut our trip short with concerns of getting stuck before we could get home. It became more real as on our way home restaurants had already closed their dining areas and had to eat in the car.

We heard while we were away about empty store shelves and Vanessa tried buying a few things before we headed home but she encountered empty shelves too.

I have not gone inside our Walmart since all this started. I've been trying to use the online ordering to pick up but so many times they are out of the items I'm trying to buy so I will go to our one and only true grocery store in town.

This picture was taken April 8th. I was in shock at how gutted the store was.








































I'm sure it's similar everywhere else in the country.

No worries. We have plenty to eat 😉






We are all well too. I'm still working. My job is considered essential. Doyle has been doing city council meetings via Zoom. Like a lot of other kids, the grands are doing their school through online learning also. That has been a challenge for Vanessa. Not only is she displaced from her home but also trying to help 3 children connect with their teachers. She and Keannon are also still working with the insurance company on what they will repair so that work hasn't started either.

Needless to say we didn't get Remi at spring break and now summer looks questionable.

Our church has been live-streaming as nearly every church in America. We are using Facebook for our live-stream. It's not the best. This is all new for us as you can tell when you watch 😉 but we are doing the best we can to offer people some form of church even if they can't physically attend. I have seen one of my Aunties join in 😊.

We have tried to go by the guidelines we've been given with the exception of seeing the kids and grands.

The kids came over for lunch Easter Sunday.
Korin stayed the night.

Coloring with Granddad.





Playing "Sorry" with me.















Kennedy spent Thursday (April16), Friday (17) and Saturday (18).

Saturday morning she made breakfast (with a little supervision). She made the pancakes from scratch. It was her first time to learn how to flip pancakes. She did really well.















She asked to sweep and mop my kitchen floor. Heck ya! I've been without my housekeeper for 3 weeks! We mutually agreed it was best for her not to come until this virus thing was over.


Hope everyone is staying healthy and being safe.

Have a good one!











No comments:

Post a Comment