Thursday, April 9, 2020

Grandkids Pets

The night of the kid's house fire we brought the dogs home with us along with the Guinea Pig, Clifford.

I have no experience with a guinea pig. Kennedy told me what to feed him and some of the things he likes. He is very interesting to say the least. When he wants something he is very vocal making a loud squeaking like sound.













March 30 I also found his favorite rubbing spot is under his chin. I was trying to get a picture of me rubbing him but it looks like he's about to bite me. (which he will do!)

I give him a carrot every afternoon. He loves those! Good thing I always have some of those around for the horses.






The next few days we had very heavy rain but the dogs still needed to play. Kaptain, the black dog is half pitt, half Lab. He is a very loving dog but VERY hyper! He wants all of your attention, all the time! He's sort of new to how to fetch but I didn't have any balls just a dog frisbee. Kaptain caught on really quick. He didn't try to catch it but would retrieve it. The way he played with the frisbee reminded me of Kaidence as she used to do the same. He would also grab whatever was in your hand. I worked on that first! The kids wouldn't play with him for that reason! He almost hurt me a couple of times but I soon got that issue resolved.



March 11th - It is starting to warm up around here feeling more spring like. I thought Kaptain and Axel would enjoy the water since they are both half Labradors. Axel was not too sure about getting in the pool! Here is a clip.

Axel finally does get in the pool. You can see that clip here.

Kaptain loves to play ball. I discovered he is also picky about what type of ball he likes to play with. The ball in this picture is the size he prefers tot play with. I purchase these in a bag of 5 from Tractor Supply. They are the size of a tennis ball but are harder. He is very hard on these balls. He has jaws of steel and loves to chew them until they break!

Here is a clip of one of our dailey routines.



March 26

L to R Axel, Dapper, Kaptain

Because all three have been known to hike their leg when inside the house they stay outside except at night when we let them in to stay in the laundry room. One of the few rooms in the house that has no carpet and we can shut the door. They have been doing really well. I bring them in around 10 and let them out between 7:30-8AM.

They can get under the patio if its raining.





In addition to playing ball with them a couple of times a day I try to take them for a walk. Dapper (the smallest) walks well on a leash. The other two...not so much. So for now I am walking Axel and Kaptain separate.








The sun was setting and Axel didn't want to be still so his face blurred in the picture.

After 2 weeks of walking on a leash he is doing much better at not pulling. He pulls in the beginning due to excitement but the leash is usually loose before we finish.






March 28 It's a little hard to see but Dapper has made himself at home in one of our patio chairs to the right of the photo. I had to take this through the window because if I stood at the door he would jump out of the chair!
















March 30

I was sitting at the table while the dogs were eating looking at my phone when I felt something on my shoulder. Axel had gotten on the patio table!

I made him get down. He went back to eating and in a little bit he jump in the chair I was sitting in. Ignore the beer boxes. I was doing some de-cluttering of the house and had picked up boxes from a liquor store.

Grammer has the two cats. Cinderella and Tinker Bell.












April 4th, Kennedy came over. She was happy to spend a little time with Clifford.


Have a good one!












No comments:

Post a Comment