Thursday, October 17, 2019

Trip to Colorado 9-14-2019

About two weeks prior, Vanessa had text me asking what I was doing that weekend. Thinking she was looking for someone to keep kids I was hesitate with my answer 😉. When I responded this is what she sent me:

Would you want to be super spontaneous and take a road trip to Colorado with me? We would leave Saturday and come back Tuesday?

I'm thinking "A road trip with my girl, just she and I for the weekend? Heck ya!"

Then she sent this:

Well I have a surprise for you that goes along with it. Kind of a late birthday/Mother's Day present. I'll have to explain later.

Then she told me to google "Red Rocks Amphitheater" and click on images.

This is what I saw. It is so beautiful!

Then I asked her who was playing as concerts are held here.






This is what she sent me. I got really excited! A trip with my girl, worshiping God in His creation .... priceless!

If you don't listen to a lot of worship music these names won't mean anything to you but I knew them all except for Cherry Hills Worship. I discovered after we were there that they are a local group in Colorado.

It really wasn't about the names anyway...it was about worship.

She also said she hoped we would be able see my brother but also my niece Addison and her new son Kai. And possibly Remi!








We left town about 6:30AM Saturday morning September 14th and drove straight through.

Although it took us 13 hrs we had a great time in the car together!

We arrived at Wayne's at 6:30pm Mountain time. Kelley prepared tacos for dinner. They were so good! We enjoyed visiting and catching up.
I'll share more in another post.

Have a good one!





















No comments:

Post a Comment