Thursday, March 28, 2019

Hawk 3-4-2019

On the way home from feeding, I spied this hawk eating a dead cat. The hawk didn't kill the cat. It was killed a couple of days ago I think by a car since it was in the road. Someone moved it to the grassy area off the road.

I quickly pulled off the road to a parking area across the street next to a park to snap a few pictures.

I put on my zoom lens and began taking pictures as soon as I got out of the truck then kept taking pictures walking toward the hawk to see how close I could get without causing the bird to take flight.







Getting closer












Closer still! This hawk seemed not the least bothered by my closeness.





















I hated that the cat was part of the background. It was a bit unnerving too as this cat looked alot like our cat Abercrombie that passed away a few years ago.


I was thrilled to have this opportunity.



Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment