Saturday, October 5, 2024

Barn Cats

 I've told you about my barn cat I call Casper. She was born in the barn.  She was the only one who didn't "disappear".  She became quite affectionate even though as a kitten she was the last to warm up to me.


It took her so long to get pregnant that I was convinced she couldn't have kittens. Then her tummy begin to grow then the morning of  April 3, 2023. She was thin! I knew there were babies somewhere! She had 4 kittens. Every single one of those kittens did not reach maturity. 

She didn't have another litter until March 20, 2024. She had 3 kittens. Those kittens are still around. Two are male that their markings are identical. They are dark gray with swirls. The only way I can tell them apart is how they respond to me. One is overly affectionate! I call them the Dooby Brothers one and two 😏! There is one female that is lighter gray and I call her Molly.

Casper had another litter of kittens August 12, 2024. She had 5 this time. All gray. The dad is a black cat which explains the coloring. I had hoped she would have at least one kitten that was colored like herself but so far no.








She is a good momma. (Taken 9-5)











(picture taken 9-10)








This just made me giggle. The babies have learned to climb the pallets to start eating solid food. They are 7 weeks old as of today (10-2). This one would rather nurse standing up while momma eats.








This is dad of the kittens. He is very wild. It has taken me over a year to be able to get this close to him without him running off. I call him Noir (French for black).






Here is a short video of the babies playing and the older babies 


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment