Saturday, March 19, 2022

An Evening with the Legendary Doyle Dykes 3-2-2022

 My guitar teacher invited his students to hear Doyle Dykes play at North Main Church of God in the
neighboring town of Weatherford.

This is the man who my Doyle had present me the Taylor guitar he bought me in 2006. Doyle Dykes was performing in a music store for a group of about 200 people. I had not seen him play live since that time. I jumped at the opportunity. My Doyle didn't go with me as I had to miss our church service to go.

Believe me, I still went to church! It was a wonderful time. If you are interested, the event was live streamed through Facebook so you can watch if you have a Facebook account. Click here. He is a phenomenal guitar player. 

I did not take this picture. It was on the church Facebook page.


I did take this one and it's not zoomed! I was sitting on the front row! Here he is playing a 12 string.










Me and Doyle Dykes










Here is the picture taken with him in 2006 with my guitar.

I've aged a little 😉, put on a few pounds and lost the color in my hair. Doyle Dykes doesn't look like he aged at all (he's 67 BTW).

I am so glad I went.





I had Doyle Dykes autograph the headstock of my guitar in 2006! Isn't that cool?!


I had a great time.


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment