Saturday, July 11, 2020

60th Birthday June 8

I reached another milestone birthday. The big 6-0! Because of Covid I didn't have a big celebration.
Vanessa was very creative and contacted a sign company to decorate our front yard. That was an awesome surprise!

This picture was taken later in the day when there was more light on the sign. I think the details show up better.
Vanessa has friends who have this sign business. Whatever the occasion they set the signs up in the yard for the day then retrieve them at the end of the day. Pretty cool! These signs were really popular in May with all the graduations.

I took off work that morning so I could ride while it was cool. I planned for a week to go ride on my birthday. I was going to ride at the State Park. I have a pass but with the Covid restrictions you have to reserve a day pass online. It took me a week to try to get that done and still didn't get it accomplished! Thankfully I still have a few connections. Pastor Kirk told me I could ride on his place.

It was cool that morning but the humidity was almost the same as the temperature!



















Everything was pretty and green. Pastor Kirk's property has lots of up and downs and some places that are really rocky. Fancy got quite a workout.
















We rode mostly next to a large creek that provided some good shade.












When I got off to let her get a drink out of the creek I snapped a quick selfie.

Fancy had worked up quite a sweat as you can see.












After the ride, Vanessa got a few of my friends together for lunch. We couldn't all sit together so I tabled hopped to visit with everyone. I somehow managed to not get any pictures! I was so touched that people came even though at the time of my birthday restrictions had been lifted some.

I think the part that moved me the most was this little video Vanessa put together of different ones who sent me video birthday greetings! It made me laugh and cry (happy tears)!




Overall it was a pretty good birthday despite Covid!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment