Saturday, December 9, 2017

Love Token 11-27-2017

I don't talk about it often but I do think I have mentioned before that when I get neat opportunities to photograph wildlife or take unusual pictures I consider that God's way of expressing His love to me. In fact I had journaled a few years back about these opportunities being "Tokens of Love" from Him.

Well, I had one of those recently. On November 27th to be exact. It was kind of funny too how this came about.

I had seen a friend of mine post some pictures of an owl on her Facebook page. They were great pictures. It was a neat opportunity that one doesn't get often since they are nocturnal. I was a bit jealous. In all the years of taking pictures I think I have only gotten pictures of an owl 2 different times.

Two days later I was on my way to feed. Halfway there I see a large bird in a very tall tree in a residential area. I am giddy and I believe it's an owl. I park the truck and walk a short distance to where the tree is in someone's yard. One look through my zoom lens confirms what I suspect. I took my first couple of shots from the street but I was on the wrong side of him for good lighting. I was being so careful not to startle him and hoping to get closer for a better shot.











I had to walk into the people's yard to get this shot and was taking pictures when the people who live there arrived home!

It was this shot that helped me identify him as a Great Horned Owl.

It was hard to get a good angle of him. The sun had already gone down and light was limited.













This was the last picture I took after the family arrived home.

Although not the best of pictures I was pleased for the opportunity!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Happy for you that you saw him and got his photos!

    ReplyDelete