Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Surprise Birthday Party

Saturday Vanessa planned a surprise birthday party for her dear friend, who is more like a sister. Her mother and I have been friends for years and the girls grew up together. She even went on at least one family vacation. It got to be a joke with us because people thought Vanessa belong to my friend.

Anyway Leslie turned 25 March 19th. The plan was to have a "painting with a twist" party except it was done by another person who calls her business "Paint Me Crazy". It is the same concept. Then dinner after at Brazos Market and Bistro.

I was working at the store that day but took off that evening for a few hours to attend. It was alot of fun!

Here is Leslie with flowers she got for her birthday.

Vanessa did manage to pull off the surprise although it almost was blown earlier in the day!


This is what we were going to paint. I'm thinking to myself..."there is no way mine will look like that!" But I was willing to give it a try.

















This is what we started with. This time several of us are saying "there's no way I can paint like that!"
















Autumn (the instructor) told us step by step what to do and how to do it. We began by painting the background.


















I took a few seconds to snap this picture.









Vanessa and my friend Teresa (mother of the birthday girl).





















Leslie painting.

















My painting in progress.















Autumn giving us instructions on the next step.











Almost done!



















I must say I surprised myself! I still can't believe I did this!






























It really was a fun evening.  Vanessa, Teresa, me and Leslie.















This was taken earlier in the day. I just love this picture. Don't Vanessa and Leslie look like sisters?




Have a good one!







No comments:

Post a Comment