Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Summer and It's Hot! 062309

Sunday was not only Father's Day but the first day of Summer. Like I needed a calendar to tell me it was summer?! It was 97 degrees on Sunday and the temp has creeped up since then. We hit 100 today and will for the next several days. I understand that we aren't the only ones experience "summertime". At least our humidity has been low so at this point no heat advisories have been issued.

The dogs are sad because it's too hot to take them walking except early in the morning and late evening. Unfortunate for them I don't get up very early. I may have to make myself to go to bed earlier so I can. The other night I took them to the cemetery just before dusk. We almost had a catastrophe. We stirred up a skunk! Kaidence started to go after it when I yelled at her! So guess evening may not be the best time either!

I saw this strange fellow walking at the cemetery. It wasn't dark yet but dark enough my camera thought it needed a flash.

These are weeds but I was amazed at the blooms. Wish I had more daylight so I wouldn't have to use my flash.

Of course Kaidence will not be deterred. We play a little frisbee during the day but with many trips through the pool before bringing it back to me and it doesn't take her long before she's ready to come inside under the a/c!


I don't think I ever gave a report on Doyle's last visit to the doctor. He got a really good report but he had himself believing the doctor was going to release him when he went. He was a bit disappointed. The doctor said Doyle was doing really good and he wanted to keep it that way. He was afraid that Doyle was the type of guy that if he released him now he might try to do something he wasn't ready for and have to go through this process all over again. He told Doyle that at the earliest he would release him to go back in August but more likely September. I told Doyle that this was God's timing. He is getting a lot of things done here that he wouldn't if he went back to work now. He's making progress in the garage but we are to a point that we need to haul a load of "garage sale" stuff to Vanessa's garage before he can move forward. Vanessa is hoping to have a garage sale in the next few weeks.

That's about it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying your summer and staying cool! I'll leave you with an evening view.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment