Monday, July 9, 2018

Barn Cat

There is a cat that belonged to the people who lived in the house where I park to feed horses. They sold the house and moved. Unfortunately where they moved to was rental property and were not allowed to have pets. The new home owners had offered to keep the cat but weren't going to be moved in for several weeks. In the mean time I feed the cat in the barn. It's always good to have a "barn cat" to help keep the rodents away. In one of the times I fed, I met the new owners and learned the cat had babies! Four to be exact! She was keeping them behind the house.

The new home owners said they were putting out food when they came to work on the house. I told them I was also putting out food in the barn. Once I learned there were babies I began putting food out behind the house.


The babies had had very little human contact and are very skittish except for one.

Kennedy had spent the night (June 1st) and when I told her about the kitties she of course had to see them. So when I went to feed the next morning (June 2nd) I showed her where they were. She loved on the one friendly kitty and the momma while I fed horses.











The other 3 babies are hiding under the house.


















Korin had spent the night with me the (June 4th). The next morning she wanted to see the kitties.


Korin also helped me feed.

Fancy was trying to get food before Korin could dump it out. I quickly helped her 😉













She is quite the helper!



The new home owners have now moved in but Momma Kitty is still coming to the barn so I give her food. I think she just needs a break from the "kids".😉









However Saturday night (July 7th) two of the babies came with her! Last night (July 8th) all of them were there. The other gray one got run over 😢. There have been many contractors at the house doing renovations and we think one of them did it (accidentally).

Maybe I'll have more than one barn cat! 😊

Have a good one!






















1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will have more than one barn cat. Cats love to eat at multiple homes. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete