Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Shiny New Year Challenge

Cards in Envy's first of the year card challenge theme is "Shiny New Year". We could either make a New Year card or it could be "shiny". I went with the latter.

I laid this card down to photograph as the shine didn't show with it standing upright.

I used a gold paper as a mat for the background. I created the polka dot background paper by using a background stamp and Versa Mark ink
then heat embossed with gold powder. I did the same with the sentiment "loved" which is a Unity stamp. I then used a Stampin Up heart punch. I put foam tape behind the heart to give it some dimension. I was very pleased with how this card turned out!















I was really bummed when I realized I missed the last challenge of 2015! The Theme was "Let it Snow!" I had a card made and forgot to upload it until after the challenge! Oh well. At least I made a card. I was proud of it too!

I actually made it with Remi in mind. She loves penguins and it snowed here 2 days after she went home. I thought I would tell her about it and send a picture.

The snow flakes were stamped and heat embossed with silver. The snowy hills and penguin are a Unity stamp set. I heat embossed the hills and penguin using black powder. I colored the fence and penguin with my Copic Markers. I used a Versa Mark pen to add white embossing powder to the penguin's tummy and face. I put foam tape behind the penguin to add some dimension. I used a "snow marker" to create the snowy hills. It is a liquid that when heated puffs up giving it the effect of real snow. The sentiment was part of the stamp set. I heat embossed that as well with black powder.





10 comments:

  1. Shiny cards are hard to photograph. I love your pretty, shiny Love card! Great design. And I'm sad too that you missed the Let it Snow challenge. Adorable card but I bet Remi really loved it! Thanks for linking your Shiny New Year card to our challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! So pretty and a great layout. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, What a fun card... and I love how you created that wonderfully shiny background paper! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!!! LOVE the polka dots and heart!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete