Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kennedy's First State Park Ride

I have been waiting for this day. As much as I want Kennedy to enjoy horses as much as I do I want it to come naturally so I don't push about the horses. Tuesday (October 27th) I had mentioned that I was going to ride and Kennedy said she wanted to go. Unfortunately, Tuesdays are her busiest day as she has gymnastics and dance. I told her that we would try to go the next day.

I just figured we would ride around the barn but she said she wanted to ride at the State Park. I was thrilled!

"Her" horse was easiest to catch. Mine on the other hand took a little more effort! I was going to take Fancy but she was such a stinker that I grabbed the first horse I could catch which happened to be Diamond. Not that he didn't give me a run for my money as well but not as long!












































Interesting clouds.










Practicing her "queen" wave! She wants to run for rodeo queen one day just like her mom!

We didn't ride the whole loop and I didn't expect us to. She was ready to quit after an hour but that was pretty good for her.













Trying to get a selfie with the horses who weren't cooperating.









Oh, well.....we tried!

















Kennedy wanted to look at the sign at the beginning of the trail.









Leading her mount back to the trailer to go home.

It was a great ride. I asked her if she had fun and if she wanted to do it again. She said yes to both.

Made this grandmother happy!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that did make you happy! So wonderful that she shares your love of horses and riding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! It was a great time even if it wasn't for as long as I would have ridden. It was a beginning and she wants to do it again!

      Delete