Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rains Taking Their Toll

The weather is causing me havoc! I've had a very difficult time being consistent with riding my bike because of the unpredictable weather. Fancy lost a shoe after just getting them on because the pasture is so wet. The trails at the State Park are closed because the trails are wet. I have a couple of other options to ride but the ground is so saturated!

I did ride my bike the other day. I couldn't go as far as I usually do because the heavy rains had
caused erosion on part of the trail. Not sure when that will get fixed.







The ride was still beautiful with all the wild flowers and of course a view of the cross. The abundance of rain as made for an exceptional wildflower season!

















These are called "Fire wheels".

















































I just love the mixture of colors!








I'm not certain but these are Mexican Hats.










































This is called "Horse Mint".

















I think this is a thistle bloom.





















These are cactus blooms.
















Another cactus bloom. I was intrigued by the orange color. I don't see that very often. Mostly yellow or pink.



























More Mexican Hats










Aren't these guys so pretty?!






Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful wildflowers! Sorry your bike riding is not going well. The weather has really been crazy and hampering many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've still been very hit and miss riding my bike!

    ReplyDelete