Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Triple Time Stamping

I needed a birthday card for a friend and decided I wanted to use a technique I discovered through Operation Write Home. They are a great source for tutorials and I absolutely LOVE their sketches! This is a great organization that collects handmade cards to give to troops to mail back home. I simply LOVE this concept. I have made and donated cards in the past but got out of the habit. I want to try to get back in the grove. Everything you need to know about them and their guide lines can be found on their website.

Back to the card. I saw this stamp technique during a "blog hop" and gave it a try. It's really easy and makes for a elegant looking card! It's called Triple Time Stamping.

My friend is an avid bird watcher so I added a bird to the card. The stamp is from Unity. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Salty Ocean. I wanted to give the bird some gloss and used clear embossing powder but it didn't give the effect I was looking for so I covered the bird with glossy accents. I cut the bird out and put foam tape behind to give the bird some dimension.

I'm thinking this would be a great technique to use in making multiple cards and just changing out the sentiment.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Valerie! It's such a beautifully breathtaking card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for the compliment! Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting about this technique! I love it and I love your beautiful card! I've gotten out of the habit of sending cards to OWH too but right now they have scaled way back and don't really need as much as they did in the past. In fact, they only have one shipping/distribution point for us to mail to and that's Sandy Allnock herself!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I was wondering about that. I've not been keeping up with them like I was. I may just get me an Etsy store and sell what I have. One way to recoup my investment!

      Delete