Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Be Still and Know

My friend and I just finished co-leading a Beth Moore study "Jesus the One and Only". This was her first time to do something like this. She did a great job and even lead class for me when I went with the kids to Arkansas for court. I wanted to give her a little something as a "thank you" and created this card. It had been a while since I had made one and even longer since I had colored! I've been in scrapbook mode. For some reason I can't seem to do both. I either make cards or I scrapbook. My goal is to make cards after making a layout using the paper scraps left. It's a good goal...but it hasn't happened yet!

I kept the card pretty simple. No ribbon, not buttons, no brads. Just layered paper and a colored image. I used a Phyllis Harris stamp by Unity called "Your Wings Exist". I just love Phyllis Harris stamps and have almost all of them! I used my Copic Markers to color the image, fussy cut then popped with foam tape for dimension. In looking for cardstock to mat the sentiment with I discovered a strip that I had used a border punch on and thought it would work perfectly. My friend was very pleased with her card and so was I!

I have been spending a LOT of time in my craft room....but not for me! These two little crafters make a beeline for my craft room every time they are here! I have given each of them an Artbin which I refer to as their "totes. Kennedy's is purple and is in the bottom left of this photo. I have put papers, all sorts of stickers, scissors and put their names on them.

 I am happy to encourage them to create!
The other day, Vanessa kept her friend's little boy, Legend. He came over with the girls and got introduced to crafting too! He LOVED it! He made two cards using glitter glue, stickers and....
Yep, I even let him use some ink! Look at that happy face!
He's also 3. He's 5 months younger than Kennedy.
The girls did a good job of sharing their stickers and paper with Legend.
I apologize for the crummy background. All I was thinking about was capturing the moment as the girls were being silly!
The girls cousin, Krystal came along with them. She is the same age as Remi (4). They play together well.
I just love these crazy kids! L to R Krystal (4), Kennedy (3), Remi (4), Kashton (5 months)

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Awe... cute group of kids! I love your card! That stamp is awesome and the bit of border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete