Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Little Crafting A Little Playing

Even though I had already sent out my Christmas cards I still want to make Christmas themed cards! I guess that means I am in the Christmas spirit!  I figure I can put them back and use next year or donate them to Operation Write Home.

I really liked how this card turned out. It is very simple. I used one piece of card stock and the rest is heat embossed. This stamp set is from Unity. Baby Jesus I embossed in white, the star in gold and the sentiment in silver.

This card make look familiar as I used this image and sentiment on another card using a navy blue background and used a border punch on the edges. I like the simplicity of this card. The lamb is Impression Obsession. It is heat embossed with white and the stars with silver. The sentiment I created using Just Rite alphabet stamps and heat embossed with silver.

I was very pleased with this card. For my inspiration I did a web search of others who had used this stamp set (The Sounding Joy from Stampin Up) and found Miss Mad Stamper. (The card I got my inspiration from is the 3rd one down in her blog post.) For my background I used gold paper from Webster's Pages Christmas collection that I matted with black card stock. I stamped the word star on white paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "peeled paint". I then stamped over the star with the sentiment "Let Earth Receive Her King" using Versa Mark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I matted the white with a green paper from the same Webster's Pages collection and finished off with Crepe ribbon. I liked this so well I decided to try one in a different color.
I like it too!

Today at work Vanessa let Kennedy call me. Nothing melts my heart like that sweet little voice that says "Ta Ta, I want to come play with you at your house." I was going to pick her up because Keannon had the car taking Remi back home today. In a little while Vanessa sends me this picture.
with the caption "Waiting impatiently at the door for you".

We spent the afternoon together. She wanted to go the park. It was a very pleasant day after beginning at 21 degrees, we warmed up to 65. I put Kennedy in the stroller and a leash on Kaidence and to the park we went. On our way we came upon some cattails. If there is a proper name for them I don't know what it is. I had forgotten how once they have fully matured they literally explode when you touch them. Here's a video of Kennedy experiencing this unique phenomenon.

Today starts my 4 day weekend. I am so excited! Have a good one!


4 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* the last two cards with the crepe ribbon bows - both color combos are great!

    That photo of Kennedy waiting "patiently" by the door just tugged at my heart strings while her video made me giggle. This is such a fun age of discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that sweet photo of Kennedy waiting for you! Precious!! And the video is so fun! Saw it on Facebook too and I love to watch it over and over. Your cards are fabulous! I think I still want to make Christmas cards too! Here's a "secret" I haven't announced yet on my blog...I've joined the Christmas Cards All Year Round design team! Yep. Another design team but this one is once a month. I can make a Christmas card once a month I think! Ha, ha. I really love your black card with the embossed image. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of making Christmas cards every month. You could even break out the Christmas CD' s to put you in the mood. I think I could listen to Christmas music year round!

    ReplyDelete