Monday, July 24, 2023

Barn Cats

 I enjoy the barn cats. They make me laugh and give me my "pet fix" without having them at home. I also don't get terribly attached. They don't seem to hang around very long. I have finally concluded that it is due to the fact that the property is adjacent to land that is undeveloped. There is all kinds of wildlife from hawks, owls, deer, foxes and wild hogs. I've personally seen all of these minus the hogs. 

The white cat is the mother.  I call her Casper. She has been around the longest. She was a kitten herself that has survived the "elements". She had 4 kittens. 







I believe the black cat is the dad. He is feral and won't let me get very close before running off. He does  come up to eat only when I'm not near. I had to zoom in a bit to get this photo before he took off.

This picture was taken 6-22. I have noticed he is getting more used to me and is allowing me to get a little closer these days.



This picture was taken 6-28. I was able to get closer before he took off! I call him Noir (which is French for black). I don't know French...I had some water color pencils that had that on the pencil. 😏

The kittens will be 4 months the 3rd of August.

Two of the kittens have become friendly like their mom. That would be the gray in the middle of the hay pile and the dark striped. They started following me when I put the hay out. They love to play in the hay after I put it out.


Here is a short clip.


They make me laugh! 


This one is a male. He is the most lovable. I finally gave him a name. I call him Romeo.









Can you see the kitten peeking through the hay?






Sadly 2 of the kittens have disappeared. I don't remember when the first disappeared but the other has been gone a week as of today. The only two remaining are these two. Romeo and the dark striped one that I named "Stripes" which is a female.


The horses don't seem to be bothered by them.





Have a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment